top of page

Criminal Appeals

If you are looking for legal assistance because you or a loved one: 

  • has been convicted at trial, or

  • has had a post-conviction motion, such as a petition for a writ of habeas corpus, denied,


There are still options available to them. Just because someone got an unfavorable ruling, that doesn’t mean the case is over.  In Illinois, when a party loses in court, they have the option to appeal the result to a higher court. Then, that Court will review the arguments and facts that lead to the conviction and determine whether the ruling was correct.

Appeals are very different than trials, and require significant expertise and experience.  Whether you are looking for help on how to frame an issue on appeal or a new lawyer to handle your appeal, Midwest Appeals LLC may be able to assist.

bottom of page